Benefits of Membership
As an SSA member, membership to the ASTN is free. Members enjoy the advantages of being part of this collegiate network which include:
- Streamlined access to preliminary information about and coming clinical trials and the opportunity to provide an early expression of interest
- Free review of investigator initiated protocols and assistance to find suitable sites
- Budget negotiation with sponsors on your behalf
- For emerging trials centres, ongoing netwrok support to help make your site "Trials Ready"
- The provision of updates about progress of ASTN endorsed clinical trials in the region
- Access to workshops and training opportunities
Who can apply for membership?
Membership of the ASTN is open to all members of the Stroke Society of Australasia (SSA) who have an interest in stroke clinical trials and practice in Australasia. Applicants are required to:
- Be a current financial member of the SSA, or concurrently applying for membership of the SSA
- Have an attachment to a hospital or academic institution
- Be involved in stroke research or the care of stroke patients
- Be nominated by a current ASTN member
How do I apply?
You can apply for ASTN membership as part of your SSA membership application. If you are not already an SSA member, please complete the SSA Membership application form.
If you are already an SSA member but not an ASTN member, you can easily join at any time by completing the ASTN membership form.
SSA Membership Application form with option to also apply for ASTN membership.
ASTN Membership Nomination form is to apply for ASTN membership as a current SSA member