Our key role is the liaison between sponsor organisation’s and our member sites in the Australasian region, facilitating effective communication and a coordinated strategy for the selection and ongoing support of local sites for your study.
Our services to sponsors include a thorough review of trial protocol and an assessment of feasibility, local study budget and trial logistics within the membership by drawing upon local knowledge and an intimate understanding of local site capabilities. The ASTN will also maintain an ongoing relationship between your organisation and its members for the duration of your project.
Click here for ASTN Protocol Review Fee Structure Policy.
- Review of protocol by executive committee, communication with members and collation of expressions of interest,
- Facilitation of feasibility process with member sites.
- Creation of per patient budget negotiated between the sponsor and selected sites, ensuring a consistent fee.
- Provision of guidance for local ethics submission processes and administrative costs.
- Continuation of relationships between sponsor and members, national leaders and relevant third parties (e.g. CROs), to help ensure compliance with study requirements.
- Provision of relevant support to members who are new investigators and promotion of the trial within the membership.
Should you decide to proceed with ASTN services, we will enter into a confidentiality agreement with you as required.
Upon engagement of services, ASTN will enter into a financial arrangement with the study sponsor for services which is separate from the clinical trial agreements made with your selected investigators.
ASTN executive Committee Meetings are held on a regular basis for the review of new protocols however can be arranged specifically to meet with your trial timelines if necessary.
For the review of your study, you will be asked to forward a copy of your trial protocol, and provide some additional information to the ASTN secretary about your requirements.